1.10.2009

Biography



A little about me to start...

I have been in the advertising and sports marketing industry for over eight years in New York City and St. Louis.  I am currently an Associate Creative Director at XG-Advertising in St. Louis.
While born in St. Louis, I spent much of my formative years in Queens, New York, where I honed my drawing skills at my window, sketching the Manhattan skyline and the rest of the city as it went past. Becoming a child of the city, I picked up an early passion for art, design, graffiti and architecture.

I graduated from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn with a Bachelors Degree in Architecture in 1998, while also taking extensive courses in Illustration and Urban Planning. Through the Pratt Center for Community Development, I spent time working at The Point in the Bronx, developing a unified streetscape and mural plan for the neighborhood of Hunts Point, working alongside graffiti legends Tats Cru. Upon graduation, I went to work with a professor of mine, the award-winning illustrator Albert Lorenz, working in pen and ink on illustrations for books, posters, maps and puzzles.
 
In 2001, I received a Masters of Art in Computer Design from Long Island University and began a freelance design career, working for PPMG, NYC creating logos and marketing materials for large and small companies. I also worked with the Audubon Partnership for Economic Development, NYC creating a comprehensive urban design plan for the Manhattan neighborhood of Washington Heights.

I was named Art Director of Steiner Sports Marketing in 2002, developing licensed consumer products, trade advertising and marketing materials for athletes such as Derek Jeter, Hank Aaron and Mariano Rivera.

In the fall of 2004, I accepted a senior designer position at XG-Ad in St. Louis and went to work creating advertising for a wide range of clients that include Anheuser-Busch, Tonka and Vermont Spirits. I am currently an Associate Creative Director specializing in sports marketing and adjusting to the quiet life in the suburb of O'Fallon with my beautiful wife Rachel and Sanford the cat.




No comments:

Post a Comment